, backlink-based web domain ranking built on the "everything is connected" idea (i.e., all the listed domains are somehow connected to the starting one). It only includes a few restrictions which are strictly required to output generally valid conclusions; examples: ignoring links between same-name domains or penalising groups of similar domains getting most of their backlinks from other members of that group. Another relevant issue is that the cancelled Project 1 can be considered the precursor of this ranking; to know more about Project 1, visit the corresponding customsolvers.com page
This ranking only relies on the information retrieved by a set of crawling bots which I have personally developed and which navigate through internet by applying the aforementioned approach (i.e., current domain linked by the previous one). At the moment, only the ranking-type-2 bots
are actively collecting information. I might perform some manual corrections in the bot-generated outputs, but only to improve the overall system reliability.
Its conclusions get better with each iteration, which is defined as follows:
- The preliminary ranking (stage-1). Note that, during iteration 0, it was created by performing a simpler and completely unrestricted analysis.
- The main ranking (stage-2), where all the backlinks are weighted by eminently bringing into account the position of the given domain in the stage-1 ranking.
- The stage-2 ranking will become the stage-1 basis for the next iteration.
The reliability of this ranking is highly conditioned by the iteration number (quality of the stage-1 information) and the duration of the analysis (number of domains/backlinks under consideration). Note that the transition between iterations is a delicate process with a negative impact on reliability; that's why all the online updates might be paused during some days after starting a new iteration. On the other hand, bear in mind that the top positions are always more reliable than the bottom ones, where the recently-found domains are located. In any case, the 1-10 dependability score is undoubtedly the best way to get a good idea about the quality of the displayed information.
This is a software-focused system which only uses the following hardware resources:
- Crawling bots, main storing and synchronising applications: local desktop computer with 4 cores (2.4 GHz) and 3.8 GiB of memory.
- Online search functionality: varocarbas.com resources, as defined by the MDDHosting basic plan.
- Backups: over 5 hard drives in different locations.
I will update this page to reflect any relevant variation of the conditions of the system, online search functionality, my expectations or similar. Additionally, I will also be regularly posting in the log of the associated researchgate.net project
the sole purpose of this ranking is to promote my software development skills and related issues (e.g., objectivity or attitude at work). I have created the whole system (i.e., ranking algorithms, crawling bots, storage/backup/sync subsystems, etc.) completely from scratch and am the only person dealing it (+ optimising/debugging/extending its functionalities). The results of this ranking are automatically generated by a set of applications built to deliver the objectively best outputs. I might perform some corrections to ensure its overall reliability, but never to intentionally benefit/damage anyone.Domain ranking search
|This functionality allows to search through the last domain ranking version. It is URL-friendly and supports the following input scenarios:|
- When inputting an individual full/partial domain name or URL, the highest-ranked match is returned. Exact matches will always be preferred.
Examples: twitter.com or facebook.
- When writing "top" or "first" ("bottom" or "last") [number of records up to 250], the corresponding top (bottom) domains are returned.
Examples: top 50 or last 3.
- To get a certain number of records starting/ending at a given position, write that position, a blank space and the range size (up to 250).
Examples: 1 50 or 20 -5.
Updated every 6 hours
2649523 domains (stage-1: 1000000)