About varocarbas.com

--

About me

--

Contact me

--

Visit customsolvers.com, another side of my work

--

Valid markup

--

Valid CSS

--

© 2015-2017 Alvaro Carballo Garcia

--

URL friendly

--

Optimised for 1920x1080 - Proudly mobile unfriendly

R&D projects RSS feed

All projects in full-screen mode

PDFs:

Project 10

Project 9

Project 8

FlexibleParser code analysis:

UnitParser

NumberParser

Tools:

Chromatic encryption

(v. 1.3)

Pages in customsolvers.com:

Upcoming additions

Failed projects

Active crawling bots:

Ranking type 2

(
)

Currently active or soon to be updated:

Domain ranking

FlexibleParser (DateParser)

NO NEW PROJECTS:
Project 10 is expected to be the last formal project of varocarbas.com. I will continue using this site as my main self-promotional R&D-focused online resource, but by relying on other more adequate formats like domain ranking.
Note that the last versions of all the successfully completed projects (5 to 10) will always be available.
PROJECT 7
Completed (47 days)
Completed (19 days)
Completed (14 days)
First contact with open .NET
Completed on 13-Feb-2016 (47 days) -- Updated on 19-Nov-2016

Project 7 in full-screenProject 7 in PDF

Originally, I added the current section to comply with the .NET team request of further validating my proposal with the CoreFX tests; although this option was quickly proven inadequate.

The CoreFX tests don't refer to the code in the CoreCLR repository; that's why I had to look for some CoreFX methods similar enough to the ones being modified here (i.e., MatchChars and ParseNumber in Number.cs). In fact, I found the exact same methods in the file FormatProvider.Number.cs (note that these versions were also modified).

Unfortunately, I could only find one test accounting for the aforementioned code: the parse test for BigInteger in System.Runtime.Numerics; this wasn't precisely good news because the proposed improvements are much more noticeable in decimal types. This test was quickly deemed irrelevant. In any case, note that I firstly misinterpreted the not-saying-much results as a consequence of relying on CoreRun.exe (the Core-based alternative uses this program internally). Bear in mind that all the references in this project to CoreRun.exe come from equivalent not-necessarily-applicable-anymore ideas; also that the updated version of Project 8 deals with this specific issue.

By following the advice of a .NET team member, I developed a much simpler testing program which, despite performing notably worse than the other tests on my computer (but reaching the never-seen-before 10% on his computer!), allowed this PR to be finally accepted and merged.